Monday, April 20, 2009

LLT 841 - 4

Technically speaking there was little problem with the activity pilot. There wasn't that much interaction between the students, It may be good to incorporate it more through tech. I did find one technical issue. to avoid compatibility issues in format of documents, and to make less work for the instructor I had the students post their webquests to a googledoc. Most of them had no problem with that. One student couldn't post on googledocs because her computer's browser didn't support it. She has a mac. I didn't think it would have been an issue because the macs in the lab ran it even on safari. It turns out that some versions of safari cant handle googledocs. I confirmed her complaint in my office on the mac. So while, I didn't have any issues, and I had less work, one student was left out, although I did mention that she could probably download firefox, or go to a lab to post. In the future i would have students test Googledocs out on their computers, before giving them an assignment with it, that way they know if they have to go to a lab for it.

1 comment:

  1. There is always the one student who cannot do it. But then again, there is also always the one student who forgot his/her book.

    ReplyDelete